Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I evict for things other than non-payment?
A: Yes, there are seven day notices for curable and non-curable problems such as drug dealing or destruction of the premises. You can also give a notice of non-renewal if the tenant is on a month to month tenacy with no written lease.

Q: How much does it cost?
A: Filing fee for residential eviction is $195. Service of Process is $30. to $40. per tenant depending upon the county. Sheriff fee for writ of possession is $90. Attorney fee for uncontested eviction; ie no answer or money in registry is $350.

Q: How long does it take?
A: Usually for uncontested evictions for possesion only, after issuing teh 3 day notice and filing the complaint usually 2 to 4 weeks total.

Q: What counties do you provide service?
A: All of Central Florida—Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Vousia, Lake, Polk and Brevard.

Q: Can I keep the deposit check for non-payment?
A: Yes, if the tenant agrees and signs over his rights. No if you do not give Notice of Intent to Claim which must specify the damages and reasons and be mailed certified return receipt requested.

Q: What about unauthorized persons who move onto the property?
A: Please call for detailed advise.

Q: What if they abandon the unit?
A: Please call for detailed advise.

Q: What if I accept partial payment after the 3 day notice?
A: You must start over and give a new notice with teh corret amount.

Q: What if I accept partial payment after the complaint is files?
A: You must enter into a stipulation with the tenant detailing payment obligations.

link to homepage link to homepage